Wednesday, December 10, 2008

F-ing golden

Blago's plan to auction Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder is sickeningly sleazy, and a reminder that Illinois politics isn't so honest in the Land of Lincoln. The Governor's position in particular has had its fair share of corruption scandals with three out of the previous five governors caught in a scandal. Great fodder for Sufjan Stevens' next album.

Between the corruption charges and the flying f-bombs caught on tape, one might be reminded of another sickeningly sleazy (but somehow lovable) character -- Tony Soprano. Thank you, Benjamin Sarlin at The Daily Beast, for bringing this connection to light in a game of "Name that Goon! Rod Blagojevich vs. Tony Soprano." Game on.

Hands on buzzers: One's a trash-talking thug trying to stay one step ahead of the law. The other was played by James Gandolfini. Can you identify the speaker of the ten quotes below?

1. "Unless I get something real good...shit, I'll just send myself, you know what I'm saying."

2. "What the fuck am I, a toxic person or something?"

3. "Log off, that "cookies" shit makes me nervous!"

4. "They're not willing to give me anything except appreciation. Fuck them."

5. "You got no fuckin' idea what it's like to be number one. Every decision you make affects every facet of every other fucking thing."

6. "I've got this thing and it’s fucking golden, and I'm just not giving it up for fuckin' nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And I can always use it. I can parachute me there."

7. "That motherfucker's full of shit. He's shaking me down."

8. "Our recommendation is fire all those fucking people, get 'em the fuck out of there..."

9. "I could have made a larger announcement but wanted to see how they perform by the end of the year. If they don't perform, fuck 'em."

10. "Jesus Christ! The money I've been dropping in here, I could've bought a fuckin' Ferrari."

Answers here.



No comments: